The Idiot's Guide To Marriage

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Let's talk parenting in marriage/divorce

Ok, I can talk about this here, because they don't read this.

I hate co-parenting. what do I mean by that? I mean, after you have a child with someone, and then divorce them, it becomes co-parenting. It sucks. It's a joke.

If you can't get along with the person well enough to be married to them, chances are your co-parenting is going to make you want to shove a lemon down their throats, because if life hands you lemons, for freaks sake, choke someone with them.

Why do I hate it? Because at first, he was very disrespectful of my requests of things that had to do with moral values, and now, he seems to think he is the moral compass for our son, and I'm the bad influence. He refused to honor my wishes previously and now, he is the pious one? Whatever.

It "feels" like he and the new girl are trying to be the parents of the year. Like it's become their life long mission to out do me as a parent, and make sure everyone knows how much better they are than me as parents. Because you see according to them, I don't feed the boy the right foods, I'm lax about his homework, and I let him go online and watch things on TV, or say the word "freaking". BADBADBADLADY, you should have your kid taken away from you, bad lady! freaky lady, go to hell lady, and just let us pious righteous people raise this kid so he can be happy, healthy and survive to become just like us. not going THERE

be freakin careful who you have kids with. JUST DO

8 comment(s):

Second

QZ,

Do you not like your ex-husband and his new wife?

By Blogger Dave, at 7:09 PM  

what do you mean by "second". if I liked my ex, i'd still be married to him i spose.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:51 PM  

I would believe your ex and 'the new girl' have self-doubt in their parenting abilities or perhaps a good deal of guilt? (not knowing them, of course)

Is 'the new girl' threatened by you? That would make sense in why he would suddenly be motivated to try and run the Perfect Dad marathon.

PS. I love your blog. You bust me up!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:28 PM  

The ex is afraid you are going to end up supervising his cell block one day.

How fun would that be?

By Blogger The Lazy Iguana, at 4:40 AM  

By the way - the squirrel plays the banjo, the penguin plays the guitar.

By Blogger The Lazy Iguana, at 4:41 AM  

Did he gestate this boy for 9.5 months? If so, you're way off base.

By Blogger M@, at 9:46 AM  

Yes, we get all airy-fairy ideas about having babies with one another and then realize some time later that we can't stand to live with one another. How do we raise children together?

Co-parenting for those who could not get along before is virtually impossible. I'm sorry to say that at some point, I had to tell my ex that he was no longer welcome to speak with me. If he had something to tell me, he could have the kids do it for him. This removed the threat of the abusive things he said, cause he doesn't like people knowing when he says stupid shit. It was a workable arrangement, because the only thing he would communicate would be about when and where to pick them up, etc. Still, was no fun. As of now, I haven't spoken to him in two years. Even then was just a brief moment of speaking after not having spoken for two years before that.

And now, his kids won't speak to him either.

By Blogger cathouse teri, at 6:35 PM  

I KNOW!! I reagularilly think about the time animal breeders put into the correct breeding partners and us lot seem to forget this!! I have an ex too(blah) who has bad teeth and many other defects, and i still went there!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:37 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home